PREMIER LAS VEGAS INVISALIGN TREATMENT
At Truman Orthodontics, we are committed to helping our patients achieve the healthiest, straightest smile possible through the use of only the most advanced orthodontic treatments, such as Invisalign in Las Vegas & Summerlin, NV. As an esthetic alternative to traditional metal or clear braces, Invisalign aligners are made from a polyurethane plastic that is almost invisible when placed on teeth. Dr. Truman and our team have found that Invisalign clear aligners are popular among our teen and adult patients who wish to have a more discreet braces treatment as they can be removed for eating, to properly brush and floss, and for important social occasions.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Although not made of metal like traditional braces, Invisalign clear aligners work in a similar way by applying small, carefully controlled forces to your teeth to gradually move them in a better position. After taking a scanned imaged of your teeth, your aligners are created using a specialized computer software that helps to design a personalized plan for moving your teeth into the best possible alignment. Through each stage of your treatment, Truman Orthodontics will create a new set of aligners just for you and your orthodontic needs. As each stage has a great impact on the long term progress of your smile, you are expected to wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, for at least 20 hours per day before moving onto the next stage. You will continue moving through the stages until your teeth are properly aligned.
As an orthodontic treatment that is constantly evolving, two recent features have been added to the Invisalign system to make it more teen friendly. For those teens whose molars have not yet fully grown in, special “eruption tabs” were added to hold the appropriate amount of space open for molars to erupt. Furthermore, Invisalign Teen features “compliance indicators” that fade color as your wear them to ensure that the aligners are being worn as prescribed and to indicate when a new stage of aligners is needed.
Practicing Proper Oral Hygiene Throughout Your Invisalign Treatment
One of the major advantages of the Invisalign system compared to more traditional braces options is that the aligners are removable so that you are able to better brush and floss your teeth. However, this makes it even more important to brush and floss properly after every meal and snack so as food and plaque do not get trapped in your aligners, which can promote tooth decay and gum disease. Like your teeth and gums, your aligners will have to be treated with great care and cleaned thoroughly by brushing and rinsing them with lukewarm water regularly.
If taken care of properly, the Invisalign system can offer many advantages over metal or clear braces, including:
- Better Oral Hygiene – without metal brackets and wires getting in the way of properly brushing and flossing your teeth, the removable aligners allow you to clean your teeth more easily.
- An Invisible Treatment – Invisalign clear aligners are virtually invisible so you can feel safe with a discreet braces treatment.
- More Dietary Choices – With traditional metal braces or clear braces, there are many foods that you are not able to eat as they can damage your brackets and wires. However, as Invisalign aligners are removable, you are free from diet modifications.
- Comfort – Invisalign aligners are made from a soft, flexible plastic material that will not irritate your gums or tissue in the same way that metal braces would.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection – Invisalign clear aligners can serve as thin nightguards that will protect your teeth from teeth-grinding and clenching habits.